Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Fantastic Mr. Fox

This weekend I saw Fantastic Mr. Fox-- another Wes Anderson success in my mind. It's definitely worth a watch if you like his other films and even if you don't. Though it is a child's story-- it's really made in a way that anyone can enjoy. If you're a lil kid, I think the visuals would be enough and if you're a big kid then everything is pretty fulfilling-- the story line, the visuals, the characters-- not to mention that the character's voices belong to a range of great actors including George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Jason Schwartzman (a personal favorite-- check out Bored to Death on HBO), Bill Murray (another personal favorite), Willem Dafoe, and Owen Wilson to name a few.



It's sort of empowering in a whimsical/ foxxy (?) kind of way. One of the girls in my film class said that its the way "Roald Dahl would want his movie to look." How she knows that I'm not sure but check it out and see what you think.

Also, if you enjoy the Roald Dahl tales in movie form, check out James and the Giant Peach.

4 comments:

  1. I saw this movie as well this weekend and it was excellent. I agree with your classmate. I think it's how Roald Dahl would want it to be. I don't know why, it just seems to fit his style very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh! i am dying to see this. i've heard nothing but great things, including this review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The movie is absolutely pure Wes Anderson, you can see it drippin off the screen. My only problem was with George Clooney, his voice is too recognizable and I couldn't forget it was him.

    ReplyDelete