Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Of

Do you ever sit down, and start thinking about a word, and that word gets stuck in your head, then you're thinking about it really hard, and finally you come to a shocking realization that the word you're thinking about is really, really weird? That word for me is "of." First, it only has 2 letters - rather uncommon ones, at that. Its really inconspicuous for such a seemingly important linking word. Secondly, the word looks like it should be pronounced "off," but for some reason its pronounced more like "ov" or "uv." Crikey, I can't even think of a decent sentence with the word - Goddammit, I just said it!

Of, of, of, of, of... where the heck did this word come from?

4 comments:

  1. weird to think about? now you have me thiniking of the word "the" hah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think about how wierd the word "the" is. English is such an odd language.

    ReplyDelete