Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween in NYC


So I spent Halloween in NYC.
Let me just say there is really nothing like it. Everyone is dressed up and if you're not then you're just that guy (or girl) who is too cool to be seen in a costume. And ok-- there is definitely a lot to be said about slutoween (namely that I despise this aspect of halloween)-- I'd like to propose that there are at least some people out there with some creativity. I don't really feel like the skank outfits are excused by the fact that it's halloween-- if you choose to take that route with your costume, I mean... you had a choice there.
ANYWAYS, totally not judging!

Luckily I got to snap some photos while I was out there in the big apple--
my personal favorite of the night:



here's another that I liked, right near union square:


And one more:



so come on people, halloween 09 has come to a close but put on your thinking caps for halloween 2010, be creative, innovative, weird....you can do it!

4 comments:

  1. That is pretty awesome that you spent it in NYC. It must have bee totally insane. While I do love the slutpocalypse, I definitely appreciate those that can pull off a witty, humorous, creative costume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...her Cleopatra costume kicked my Cleopatra costume's ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a girl that had her hands lifted about her head with shoes on them and pants over her arms. She also had a shirt around her waist like a shirt. I think she was supposed to be a person doing a handstand? Nonetheless, it got my attention and many other people seemed to think it was pretty cool as well. I'm sure NYC's Halloween kicked UVM's ass.

    ReplyDelete