Monday, November 2, 2009

Paranormal Activity



If you haven't heard about Paranormal Activity yet, you must be hibernating because people are a buzz about this thriller. I haven't seen it yet but despite mixed reviews, I think I'll probably make my way to the theatre.
What is incredible about this movie is the budget that was used to make it (only $11,000).
It was shot in the director's house-- with a crew of three and a cast that was quite small.
The shoot lasted a mere seven days.

The first I heard of this movie was through my Dad in a text message. "Have u heard about this movie Paranormal activity? It's supposed to make people afraid of their own bed."

The trailer for the movie is a bunch of reactions to it. People getting freaked out mostly and squirming in their seats.


If anyone has seen it, let me know what you think, if it's worth being freaked out for the next couple of days.

4 comments:

  1. i loveddd the movie, my roommate and I shared a bed that night and a girl on my team was crying during the movie. But we are all still alive and have gotten over our fears. I definitely recommend it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a pirated version (not pirated by me, of course. I like to hang out with 'em though) and it had the alternate ending, which was a bit different (someone explained the other to me). It is definitely one of those "holy s*** this could happen to anyone" types of movies. Obviously you have to believe in paranormal stuff, but it's definitely creepy. If you're one of those people who thinks your house is haunted, it's DEFINITELY creepy. I'd recommend it, but you've got to be able to appreciate subtlety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't see this (because i'm scared) but a couple of my friends did. they are die-hard scary movie fanatics and said it was completely terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recommend seeing it once. It reminded me of Cloverfield in the sense that it's a one-shot deal. It got my heart racing the first time and it was entertaining but every time you watch it after, nothing will surprise you.

    ReplyDelete