Monday, November 2, 2009

Umbrelluhhh?

To add to my festivities on halloween, I'd like to share this incredibly ridiculous story with you all:

So it's pretty difficult to find a cab on Halloween night, they are completely full to the point where those sketchy black and silver taxi cabs pull up to people offering their taxi services. Word to the wise-- don't accept those offers. But this story does not have to do with sketchy taxis, no, but it does start with the attempt to hail one. My friend was holding his umbrella out-- a feeble attempt to hail the bustling new york city cabs. A guy who seemed like he was in rush asked my friend "Can I borrow your umbrella?" Before my friend even had a chance to respond, this guy yanked his umbrella from him and continued to run towards another guy. At first I thought he was trying to steal the umbrella, which seemed kind of pointless seeing as it wasn't raining and umbrellas are relatively cheap. Well, I was wrong-- he took the umbrella to use it as a weapon against someone else. He went to go beat down on this other guy when we saw his opponent catch the umbrella with one hand and turn the whole fiasco around on him. This was complete with yelling angry woman in the background-- "Bobby NO!!! Don't hit him," screeching and yelling ensued-- I'm guessing someone didn't abide by the "bros before hoes" code.

All of a sudden this altercation erupted in a flurry of people running out into the street. There were about 7 people in the middle of the street, in the middle of traffic, all out going at it, umbrella and all. My friends and I thought it smart to perhaps move somewhere else seeing as it seemed to be getting pretty serious. Soon enough the cops were involved, running after all the culprits down the street but to no such luck as to catch them.

My friend was left with a bloody finger and we were all a little bit scarred after it happened. Shocked and slightly amused, we decided to take the subway.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! This is awesome! Except for your friends bloody finger. That's not so cool. I'm guessing you never got the umbrella back? That's a wild story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! What a wild story! Did you get the umbrella back?

    ReplyDelete